In this lesson we learn the first part of this classic intermediate reel. This tune is ideal for players who are new to playing Strathspey/Reel events in solo competition. Also, it's ideal for intermediate bands to have in their MSR sets.
Important Things to Keep in Mind About the Tune Building Process:
- For a full video tutorial on how the tune-building process works, click here now. (If you've never seen it - watch it! It's important.)
- Remember, these video tutorials are condensed templates of what your own development of this tune should look like. Instead of playing each chunk 2 or 3 times... think more like 10 or 20 times - play it until you have complete comfort and control over it!
- Is this tempo too fast for you to develop control over the components? Slow it down! Do what works best for you.
Embellishments Required in This Lesson
To acquire the sheet music for this tune:The world of bagpipe tunes is a crazy, pretty disorganized place. At Dojo U, we'd like to support the composers and publishers of bagpipe music wherever humanly possible. If you're serious about adding a tune to your repertoire, please visit one of the following sites that reputably distribute digital bagpipe sheet music, and therefore responsibly pay out royalties to bagpipe composers where applicable.
- PipeTunes.ca - Highly refined and accurate settings of tunes typeset by Jim McGillivray, with reference recordings by Jim himself. Reputable distribution model.
- LeeAndSonsBagpipes.com - Highly refined and accurate settings of tunes typeset by Jack Lee, with reference recordings by Jack himself. Includes an expansive library of Piobaireachd. Reputable distribution model.