Do You Struggle With Sloppy D Throws, Grips, and/or Taorluaths?
Here’s How We “Cleaned Up” 27 Of Our Local Students’ Low-G-Technique…All With a Simple Mindset Shift
Are you sick of practicing hard with your piping, but nonetheless being told by peers, instructors, and judges that your technique is sloppy?
Whether you’re just beginning in the world of bagpiping or you’re a grade 1 competitor trying to get to that ultimate level, sloppy technique doesn’t “skate” by like perhaps it once did. The piping world is just plain getting better at technique. And if you’re even remotely struggling to produce crisp movements… it’s likely you’re feeling the squeeze.
And, trust me, you’re not alone…
FACT: Sloppy Technique is the NUMBER ONE reason pipers fail to reach the next grade level.
And this isn’t something I’m just making up out of nowhere.
After interviewing at least 20 judges recently in a quasi-official “study,” this was overwhelmingly the top reason players weren’t successful.
That’s right…from the mouths of the judges themselves, technique has to become a high priority for those that want to advance.
So let’s say you perfectly tune your pipes, you have remarkable expression and feel, your rhythm is hypnotic and enrapturing, your tone is idyllic…
…if your embellishments and other technical skills are hazy, what’s your chance of success? 0%. At least, that’s what my survey of judges revealed. Ouch.
Now do you see why perhaps you’re not getting the improvement/results you’ve been looking for?
Keep in mind that… if we really think about it… this is the way it should be.
Would anyone talk about the amazing tone of Hendrix’s guitar if he didn’t have incredible technique?
Would the world love Elton John and Billy Joel if they didn’t have amazing “chops” at the piano?
Too often (and I’m guilty of this myself unless I focus on keeping myself “honest”), we spend time and focus trying to generate the tone, touch, expression, and feel of Elton, Billy, and Jimi, but we neglect the tough part. You know, the boring part. You know, that part that takes work - a little bit, every single day.
Embellishments are that amazing element of bagpiping that separates our music from anything else. They (conceptually) ripple off the chanter, they add amazing rhythmic character and complexity to our tunes, and they ensure everything we play is always fascinating.
But the bad news? If they sound ugly, the tune will sound ugly. There’s no way around this. No amount of skill in any other area will remedy this simple fundamental truth.
So how do you develop great embellishments (in particular, the complex ones)? Or, how do you get back on the right track?
Besides being granted some sort of “magic talent” from on high, is there a system or mindset that will give your tunes the sparkle they deserve?
There is, and that’s exactly what this page is all about…
Introducing: The Low-G-Oriented Embellishment Perfection System
As you may already know, we teach quite literally HUNDREDS of students at our online bagpipe school, Dojo University. What you might not realize is that at least 80% of these studentsvare beginners and intermediates, many of which (before they dive into our materials, that is) are stuck in the I-have-sloppy-embellishments limbo that prohibits them from getting to the next level.
As bagpipe teachers by trade - this was simply not going to do if we wanted our bagpipe student-customers to stick around.
So rather than panic, we got to work…
In addition to our own experience as a staff in perfecting our embellishments, we also consulted with every bagpipe expert and teacher we knew to come up with the ideal formula for maximizing our students’ results when it came to perfecting Low G Embellishments.
Note: Why did we focus on Low G Embellishments? It was because we wanted to narrow the focus. 80% of embellishment problems come from D Throws, Grips, and Taorluaths. So we focused on them. Once you learn the process of mastering these, you can easily extrapolate the skills to other, less complex movements (which we cover at the end of our “Success Plan”, which you’ll read about next).
When we were finished, we were left with a simple, easy-to-follow multi-step video “Success Plan” that incorporated the exact, simple process anyone could follow to guarantee a clean embellishment, every time.
Here’s a sampling of what’s covered in this plan…
- How to CORRECTLY define an embellishment (and how the most of the rest of the world falls flat due to their INCORRECT definition of the concept)…
- How to quickly and effectively break down embellishments into STEPS that allow us to truly identify the underlying “secrets” of the movements….
- Understanding the absolutely essential “Baseline Fundamentals” that come together to create any embellishment.
- How understanding the three types of crossing noises (and the differences between them) can make or break your Grips, Taorluaths, and Throws.
- The two never-before-acknowledged “Gracenote Parameters” that literally swallow grips and taorluaths whole (and this isn’t some sort of joke - I’ll explain more inside the plan!).
- Three “Global” Embellishment Rules that tidy up that last 10% of sloppiness in your embellishments.
- The EXACT number of “pitfalls” that can occur during a D Throw, Grip, or Taorluath, and EXACTLY what those pitfalls are.
- Extrapolating the skills you learned in perfecting Throws, Grips, and Taorluaths, and using them for simple embellishments - and Piobaireachd Embellishments!
- …and soooo much more.
Personally, I wouldn’t attempt learning or refining a single embellishment without using/creating a simple, step-by-step guide to follow (like we create in this success plan), and this is especially true if you’re a beginning or intermediate player.
I mean it…
Don’t Start or Continue Working On Any Embellishments Until You’ve Digested This Success Plan.
Have you ever heard the expression: “Pioneers get scalped but settlers prosper?”
The same applies here!
At Dojo University, we’ve already done all the hard work, made all the mistakes and figured out what works (and what doesn’t). And believe me, we’ve made some mistakes (gotten “scalped”) a few times along the way…
…and we do this stuff for a living!!
That’s why we’re so careful to document WHAT WORKS into simple, easy-to-follow success plans so everyone in the Dojo Universe can duplicate these results across wherever they are in the world, or whatever “level” they’re at.
In the past these Success Plans were mine alone, but now I’m making a select few available to the public. (You’ll see why in just a bit.)
So now you don’t have to go it alone!
Normally I’d sell these Success Plans for $47 - $97 (and this particular plan is probably at the higher end of that spectrum!), but for a very limited time I’ll let you have instant access to this plan for just $7.
Literally, you can have one of those fancy coffees at Starbucks (Lord knows I love my Starbucks!) or you can:
- Become better, win more often, or help your band reach the next level (by executing on something you’re currently not doing as well as other elements of your playing)
- Save valuable, valuable, valuable, practice time (by having a go-to strategy that just plain WORKS for your embellishment development)
- Avoiding embarrassing sloppiness in otherwise excellent performances.
- Speed up the tune-learning process, knowing embellishments will no longer get in the way of the music and slow things down.
- Learn those tunes that used to be “too hard,” owing to now having the embellishment skills you need to play them well.
- Generate amazing band unison, by implementing this across your whole pipe section…
The choice is yours…
Click the “Add To Cart” button and start polishing, perfecting, and "wowing" your judges and instructors with Amazing Low G technique .... by simply digesting the material in our Success Plan…
WARNING: This $7 price will return to $47 shortly... so get your copy now!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What's a success plan?
It’s not quite a course and it’s definitely not just an ordinary report or PDF handout…
…a Success Plan is more like a “checklist on steroids!”
Here's how it works:
In the last 36 months my team and I have:
- Taught over 1500 students from around the globe…
- Collected Competitive successes amongst ourselves and our students (of all grades) in the hundreds…
- Set up and helped develop 50+ Pipe Bands
- Accumulated over 6000 hours of teaching-hours
- Built up over 2000 classes in our Dojo U archives
…all through our own, internal bagpiping endeavors.
And along the way we have perfected a large number of strategies and tactics. More importantly, like any good scientists, we DOCUMENT each strategy in step-by-step “Execution Plans” so our best ideas could be repeated and rolled out across all of our different students, bands, and other “clients.”
They’re all meat and no fluff. If you want backstory and theory, go read an article somewhere. Success Plans are all about taking action and getting results as quickly and easily as possible.
If you’re thinking “$7 is cheap…what’s the catch?” then here are three reasons that should put your mind at ease:
- $7 puts this information within the reach of everyone…from the hobbyist to the “serious” piper, from the street band to the high-level competitive band.
- It weeds out the freebie-seekers. We only want serious bagpipers who take action, and in our experience charging anything…even if it’s just $1…gets rid of 99% of the chuckle-heads.
- We tested it, and $7 turned the most profit in the long run. (Hey, we’re in business here so why not tell it like it is?)
We also believe that once you experience this Success Plan, you’ll want more and maybe…just maybe…you’ll come back, buy more and possibly even upgrade to a Dojo U Premium Membership where you get access to our complete Success Plan Library.
But that’s it…
No fine print…no “hidden trials”…no shenanigans. Just the information you need and the results you want.
Is there a guarantee?
Yep…all our trainings have a 30-day, no-questions-asked guarantee.
In other words, if you aren’t happy for any reason, just let us know and we’ll give you your money back. We obviously don’t think it’ll come to that, but if you’re even the least bit worried if this will work for you, then put your mind at ease. You either get the results you want or you get your money back. It’s as simple as that!
How long will it take to get access to this guide?
Your login and access information will be sent to the email address you provide, and there will be a video on the next page that explains how you can access the guide inside of our Execution Plan Library.