Bagpipe as an Extension of your Self - Lesson 2-1: The G Gracenote Scale in Quarter Notes
For Correct Gracenote Technique, see the Video for this lesson.
- Play each note accurately
- Play rhythms accurately.
- Tap your foot at the beginning of each beat. (See Note 1 from Lesson 1-3)
- Fuse your G Gracenotes to the tap of your foot.
- Keep your fingers properly positioned on the chanter. (See Lesson 1-1.2)
- Don’t worry about how fast the tempo is; worry about the steadiness of the tempo.
Note 1: Thumb Gracenotes
You’ll notice two gracenotes above that are actually written on the High-A line of the scale. They are marked with a . These are thumb gracenotes, which replace the G gracenote when it is no longer possible to play.