Do Nerves and Performance Anxiety Detract From Your Enjoyment of Bagpiping?
Here’s how we decreased *negative* nerves across our entire student-body (and in our own piping too!) by playing the Nerve-Buster Game. Yep. It’s a game. And it WORKS.
Are you sick of working hard throughout the year, but falling flat on your face on performance day?
It doesn’t matter if you’re brand new to competing, or a seasoned pro. Performance nerves are easily the number 1 killer of (what would otherwise be) great performances. It’s un-godly frustrating, embarrassing, and frankly - it can make us not want to do this any more.
And you’re not alone…
FACT: 90% of Pipers Cite Debilitating Nerves as a MAJOR Problem.
This isn’t just something we’ve made up. Here at the Dojo, we spend a lot of time interacting with customers, trying to find out what pains them most, so that we can put out content that helps people.
Sure enough, in every survey we send out, Performance Anxiety / Nerves is the number one thing on the list, every time. Like, overwhelmingly.
For the longest time, I wrote this off as an unsolvable problem. I mean, I don’t really struggle too much with nerves. At least, not when I’m prepared well. Don’t get me wrong - I’ve had my moments…
But some people just get nervous, and that’s that. They have to figure out how to deal with them, and there’s no magic cure.
Then finally it hit me. There’s a reason I don’t get nervous. At least, not the negative kind of nervous.
There’s a reason that the amazing swimmer Michael Phelps doesn’t get debilitatingly nervous when he competes. Same with Tom Brady (and for all you Tom Brady h8rs out there, fine! I’ll put Peyton in the mix here too).
Have you figured out what we all have in common?
Mountains, and Mountains, and Mountains of EXPERIENCE Under Pressure
It’s really as simple as that folks. In the beginning, we all got nervous! We all crashed and burned at some point due to performance nerves.
Then, over time, we overcame these issues because we realized that, with good preparation, this is our time to shine, not to freak out and leave a mediocre performance on the big stage.
Unscientifically, I would estimate that you probably played at about 5 high-pressure events last year. Maybe more, maybe less. If you’ve been playing for 5 years, that adds up to 25 or so high-pressure moments in your career, and widely spaced out at varying intervals.
Is it any wonder that you can’t control your nerves?
You’ve only had 25 tries, with no regularity. This will NOT amount to much confidence.
What would you say if I told you that myself and my students (and frankly, most of the successful pipers in the world) play at least FIFTY high-pressure events each year, and WITHOUT needing to travel?
Would you believe me? You have to. Because that’s what’s happening.
This phenomenon - what we call the “Nerve-Buster” technique - is exactly what this page is all about…
Introducing: The Incredible Nerve-Buster Technique for Bagpipers
After several years of building the world’s first online bagpipe school, we now have hundreds of students from around the globe that all struggle with the issue of nerves.
And, as you’ve already heard, this is not something I struggle with, due to a technique that I didn’t even realize I was doing all these years.
What was the technique?
I was putting myself under huge pressure at least once a week, when I was recording myself during my practice sessions. Bingo!
With a few key “rules” that I was following when recording myself, I realized I could recreate (if not AMPLIFY) the same pressure I felt at a competition or an important performance.
With this realization, I got to work defining my newly-discovered “Nerve Buster” rules, and the techniques one needed to properly record one’s self.
In addition to documenting my routine, I also consulted with every top piper I could speak to in a reasonable period of time and asked them about their recording routine. Of course, they used the recorder extensively too.
When I was finished, I was left with a simple, easy-to-follow “Success Plan” that defined the “Nerve Buster Game,” and the recording equipment & techniques needed to play the game.
Here’s a sampling of what’s covered in “Nerve Buster” plan…
- The two key rules of the “Nerve Buster Game” for bagpipers…
- Why Rule #1 is a SURE way to practice under pressure, and to get better at playing when the pressure is on.
- How Rule #2 offers a MORE INTIMIDATING entity than even the meanest judge, and how it will turn you into the piping world’s version of “Cool Hand Luke.”
- How to assemble your studio with the RIGHT “gear,” so that you don’t over/under spend on the setup…
- The super-simple-yet-essential rule you must follow to know where to place the microphone in your studio space.
- How to properly set your levels, so as to avoid distortion but achieve the fullest possible audio signal in your recordings - THIS will make the Nerve-Buster Game fun to listen to.
- How to seamlessly integrate the Nerve-Buster recording process into your practice sessions so that it’s easy to record whenever you wish, and that it never interrupts your focus.
- How to export files to MP3 format for playing on any device, and for keeping file sizes small.
- How to “beam your recordings to the cloud” so that your music can be easily shared with your instructors, your peers, or your fans! (This is ESSENTIAL for Rule #2 of the Nerve-Buster Game)
- …and soooo much more.
Personally, I would NEVER AGAIN perform in a high-pressure public venue without having played the Nerve-Buster Game at least 5 times beforehand. Why take the risk of getting nervous and falling apart in front of a judge and/or a large crowd?
I mean it…
Don’t Perform In Public Again Until You’ve Played the Nerve Buster Game (It’s gonna change your piping career.)
Have you ever heard the expression: “Pioneers get scalped but settlers prosper?”
The same applies here!
At Dojo University, we’ve already done all the hard work, made all the mistakes and figured out what works (and what doesn’t). And believe me, we’ve made some mistakes (gotten “scalped”) a few times along the way…
…and we do this stuff for a living!!
That’s why we’re so careful to document WHAT WORKS into simple, easy-to-follow success plans so everyone in the Dojo Universe can duplicate these results across wherever they are in the world, or whatever “level” they’re at.
In the past these Success Plans were mine alone, but now I’m making a select few available to the public. (You’ll see why in just a bit.)
So now you don’t have to go it alone!
Normally I’d sell these Success Plans for $47 - $97 (and this particular plan is probably at the higher end of that spectrum!), but for a very limited time I’ll let you have instant access to this plan for just $7.
Literally, you can have one of those fancy coffees at Starbucks (Lord knows I love my Starbucks!) or you can:
- Amp-up your bagpiping self-confidence (but proving you can perform under pressure before you even leave the house).
- Save time (by never wasting another performance in your career due to performance nerves)
- Avoiding the mega-embarrassing feeling of a bad performance due to nerves
- Become a hero in your local piping scene or in your pipe band by being the guy (or gal) who FINALLY breaks through to the other side of performance anxiety…
- Have fun piping again. It’s really that simple right? Not melting under pressure will bring the fun back, and bring it back for good.
The choice is yours…
Click the “Add To Cart” button and start recording in professional-quality in no time at all .... by simply digesting the material in our Success Plan…
WARNING: This $7 price will return to $47 shortly... so get your copy now!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What's a success plan?
It’s not quite a course and it’s definitely not just an ordinary report or PDF handout…
…a Success Plan is more like a “checklist on steroids!”
Here's how it works:
In the last 36 months my team and I have:
- Taught over 1500 students from around the globe…
- Collected Competitive successes amongst ourselves and our students (of all grades) in the hundreds…
- Set up and helped develop 50+ Pipe Bands
- Accumulated over 6000 hours of teaching-hours
- Built up over 2000 classes in our Dojo U archives
…all through our own, internal bagpiping endeavors.
And along the way we have perfected a large number of strategies and tactics. More importantly, like any good scientists, we DOCUMENT each strategy in step-by-step “Execution Plans” so our best ideas could be repeated and rolled out across all of our different students, bands, and other “clients.”
They’re all meat and no fluff. If you want backstory and theory, go read an article somewhere. Success Plans are all about taking action and getting results as quickly and easily as possible.
If you’re thinking “$7 is cheap…what’s the catch?” then here are three reasons that should put your mind at ease:
- $7 puts this information within the reach of everyone…from the hobbyist to the “serious” piper, from the street band to the high-level competitive band.
- It weeds out the freebie-seekers. We only want serious bagpipers who take action, and in our experience charging anything…even if it’s just $1…gets rid of 99% of the chuckle-heads.
- We tested it, and $7 turned the most profit in the long run. (Hey, we’re in business here so why not tell it like it is?)
We also believe that once you experience this Success Plan, you’ll want more and maybe…just maybe…you’ll come back, buy more and possibly even upgrade to a Dojo U Premium Membership where you get access to our complete Success Plan Library.
But that’s it…
No fine print…no “hidden trials”…no shenanigans. Just the information you need and the results you want.
Is there a guarantee?
Yep…all our trainings have a 30-day, no-questions-asked guarantee.
In other words, if you aren’t happy for any reason, just let us know and we’ll give you your money back. We obviously don’t think it’ll come to that, but if you’re even the least bit worried if this will work for you, then put your mind at ease. You either get the results you want or you get your money back. It’s as simple as that!
How long will it take to get access to this guide?
Your login and access information will be sent to the email address you provide, and there will be a video on the next page that explains how you can access the guide inside of our Execution Plan Library.